Nothing says northern California summer more than this. We’ve paired our Identity Preserved Fettuccine made with wheat grown by the superstars at Full Belly Farm with a fresh conserva of dry-farmed Early Girl tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes or sweet 100s would work well too.
Whole Wheat Fettucine with Tomato Conserva
Makes about 2 servings.
- 5 oz Community Grains Whole Wheat Fettuccine
- 1 pound tomatoes: early girls quarted, cherries halved
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced & smooshed into a paste
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp good olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh grated parmesan to finish
- Mix tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta until just done. Drain. Portion pasta into bowls and scoop fresh tomatoes on top. Additional oil can be added to finish along with grated parmesan cheese.