These chocolate chip cookies are just right for satisfying that cookie craving we all get once in awhile. The whole grain flour adds a special nutty crunch that takes these sweets to the next level!
100% Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ½ cups Community Grains Hard Red Winter Wheat Whole Grain Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz. soft unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz. chocolate chunks
- 1 cup toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars, and vanilla extract on medium-high speed until fluffy and pale yellow. Switch the speed to low, add eggs, and mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix just until they are just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
- Portion out the dough into walnut-sized rounded scoops, pat to slightly flatten, and place 2” apart on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake until the edges are set and the cookies are a soft golden color. Approximately 8-10 minutes. The center will still be a little soft.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool before serving.